KriKri

The online diary of a 27 year-old mother of one who is still trying to find out what she really wants to do with her life.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Ummmmmmm . . .yeaahh

So, I have been feeling very blah lately, made even worse by the fact that I had a nanny today but absolutely nothing to do while she was here. I'm a nurse (in the NICU which is the neonatal intensive care unit), and if the census at my work is low, I get cancelled. For example, I was supposed to work last night, which of course I didn't want to and was secretly glad to get cancelled so that I could sleep, but at the same time feeling guilt over the fact that my paycheck will now suck unless I take a vacation day for last night. Shitty.

Just to give some background, I graduated with a degree in Psychology from the University of Wisconsin at Madison, and then worked in a couple of different psych hospitals before going back to school to become a nurse. It was a nursing as a second degree program, and so I got my bachelor's in less than a year which was cool. Then I took a job at a hospital in DC, and they placed me in the NICU. Only now, I'm trapped because I took money from them and in return owe them 2 years of employment. Which intially didn't sound too bad, but after a 4 month orientation that didn't count, a 4 month maternity leave, and now working part-time, I basically signed to pay them back with my life. Aside from that I like the job for the most part, and I can still be at work thinking how cool it is that while other people are sitting in front of their computers in a cube I am at an emergency delivery watching a baby being born.

Side Note: This entry is a compilation of completely random, useless information that I feel like writing about.

At my job, i just finished orienting a new grad. At the end of this long and tiring process, I got (or am getting) a bonus. I however, only work 2 days a week, so the 3rd day this orientee worked with another nurse. Now, you would think that the check would thus be split 2/3 to 1/3. Well, when I mentioned this the director said "well, I was thinking that you guys would split it since so and so really acted like the resource (!?) person and because it is your first time orienting." And now, this is so typically me: Smiles, "Oh, okay." And in my head: "the fuck?"

My next orientee starts in 2 weeks. UGH!


Also on my list of things to complain about is my body. Nevermind the fact that I weigh 6lbs less than when I got pregnant. This shit just ain't right. My stomach is a marshmallowy mess. (I'll eliminate the part about how I'm not doing a damn thing to change that fact besides just having ate chocolate chip cookie dough).


One other area of stress in my life right now is THE MOVE. My husband and I agreed that we would be moving to Chicago sometime this spring. Except that this move keeps getting pushed back, and back and back. We are moving to be closer to family, and basically because we just feel like it. The fact that we live in a neighborhood where I could walk out of my front door and buy crack may have something to do with it. Nevermind the fact that housing prices in this area are completely ridiculous and I refuse to be house poor and have to work only so that we can pay our mortgage as so many of our friends do. I will say in defense of my neighborhood that our actual neighbors are very sweet and nice, it is the outsiders who really fuck things up around here. Basically, about 5o percent of the houses on our block have been rehabbed (including ours), and so this area is in transition. Meaning, thank god we bought our house when we did so that we will make a shit load of money on it. Chicago, although also expensive, will at least allow us to live in a nice area where we can get more for our money. And, my sister lives there with my parents only 3 hours away.


And now . . .

The ABC's of me, which I am copying from www.amalah.com (a very cool blog that I like to read).

I Am 27 years old.
Before I lived in DC, I lived in VA, before that WI
Chouchou means "cabbage" (in a nice way I guess). I used to call my husband that all the time, it is even inscribed in his wedding band.
I was once wrongly fired for failing a Drug test (And no you stupid bitch in Human Resources I had not recently been to the dentist and taken codeine. To my recollection at least. And I think I might remember that).
Ever since I moved out East, I have become less shy.
My husband is French, and his whole family still lives in France.
Someday, I would like to go to Greece.
I love to take looooong, Hot showers.
I used to Ice skate. Competitively. Sometimes when I can't sleep at night I fantasize that I am once again a teenage skater, only this time I am olympic material. In these fantasies I am known as "America's sweetheart."
Unfortunately, I cannot write just kidding about the above.
My name is Kristin.
I Love my family. I have 2 parents, a sister, a husband, and a 10 month old baby boy.
I have a sister who is 22, and she is named Megan.
I hate loud noises (fireworks, balloons popping - I just can't handle it).
Oprah's book club books? Love 'em all! And I'm not ashamed to admit it! (okay, maybe just a little).
My husband just finished eating a slice of apple pie that I bought for him at Trader Joe's.
I read books very quickly.
I used to run for exercise (well, sometimes). Now I don't do a godamn thing.
I really like the show Scrubs.
I was on the tennis team in high school.
That cookie dough that I just ate has left me really unsatisfied.
I am very loyal to my friends. And I love them as they are the best.
I got my eyebrows waxed this weekend.
x, y, and z. Obviously I am not a very creative writer who is getting tired of this whole boring list.


THE END.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home