KriKri

The online diary of a 27 year-old mother of one who is still trying to find out what she really wants to do with her life.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

The mysterious, disappearing weekend

Weekends always go too fast. And, now that we have The Little Prince, I really treasure the days when our little family can spend whole days together rather than just a few hours when everyone is home for the evening. So why am I contemplating asking my work for a contract working every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? Because I would make 3 times more money, that's why. And because then we would only have to pay the nanny for one day. Decisions, decisions. I don't know what to do.

Last night we went for dinner at a friends house. She has a real, adult home. Which sparked the ongoing discussion that Chouchou and I have about the 'burbs vs. the city. Somehow, regardless of the beauty of more than 2 bedrooms! a huge kitchen! a masterbedroom that we could fit our entire 2nd floor on! . . . the city always wins. Because I have to be able to walk places like to the store for more baby food (because no, regardless of the fact that I was very well intentioned, I do not make my own), the neighborhood coffee house (that makes the best chai tea latte - screw you starbucks, caribou coffee, and every other chain I've tried- although I must say that the little Mayorga coffee stand at my work makes a decent one), the park, and so on and so forth. So, we're still here.

Oh, and how could I forget to mention?! The Little Prince is 10 months tomorrow, and all weekend he has been taking steps by himself. I know, I know, complete genius.

He takes after his Papa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home